FatStax for Android FAQ
FatStax for Android 1.0 is available for phones and tablets running Android 4.3 and higher.
1. How do I download the Android app?
There are two ways to download the app: Play Store and Custom URL.
Play Store version - if your company uses the Play Store version of FatStax, you go to the Play Store and download the FatStax app.
1. Go to the Play Store
2. Search for FatStax
3. Tap "Install" and tap "Accept"
4. Log in to FatStax and sync your Catalog
Custom version - if your company uses a custom version of FatStax, you will be provided with download instructions for the FatStax app.
If you are unsure on which version your company uses, please contact your administrator.
2. Are the download steps the same for all Android devices?
Yes, the download steps are the same no matter what type of Android device you use. The app is compatible for Android tablets and phones.
3. How do I allow the installation of custom apps?
To allow the installation of custom apps you must enable the Unknown Sources setting.
1. Open up your device's system settings.
- If you swipe down from the top of your screen, most devices will have a gear icon at the top that will open your system settings.
2. From within settings, locate and open the security options.
3. Within the security options, locate the Unknown Sources option and enable it.
Your device will now allow the installation of custom apps from sources outside the Play Store.
4. Is my login the same as the Web/iPad/iPhone versions?
Yes, the same username and password are used for all platforms.
5. How do I reset my password on an Android device?
Forgot your password? Your username is typically your work email address.
1. Navigate to the menu (Tap on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner)
2. Tap "My Catalogs"
3. Tap "Local Sample Catalog"
4. Tap "Forgot your password?
5. A webpage will open - enter your email (username) and tap "Send me reset password instructions"
Check your spam folder for the email if you do not receive it within 5 minutes. You will need to change the password for all of your other devices that have FatStax.
6. What Android devices are compatible for the app?
FatStax will work on any Android device tablet and phone running version 4.3 or later.
7. What version of Android is the app compatible?
FatStax is compatible with version 4.3 or later.
8. How do I sync an updated Catalog?
There are two ways to know a newer version of the Catalog is available.
1. If applicable, once a day a notification will appear informing you a newer version of the Catalog is available. Tap "Install Now" to sync the newer Catalog.
2. Within the Menu section, if you tap on "My Catalogs" and one of the Catalogs has "Update Available" located below the name.
You have to make sure that you stay connected to WiFi while syncing your Catalog. Your device does not need to be awake while your Catalog is syncing and the app does not have to be running.
- Tap on the Menu (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner)
- Tap on "My Catalogs"
- Tap on the name of the Catalog that has "Update Available" located below
- Tap "Sync Now"
- Your Catalog will begin syncing
9. How do I go to my Home Screen?
The Home Screen will show the top level of categories, Home page and the menu icon.
If you have navigated to a Page and would like return to the Home Page, you can tap on the menu icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner. These 3 dots will display the menu options. Tap "Home" to return to your home screen.
If you do not see your home page (the home image), that section has been collapsed. The home page image section can be collapsed like any other Category. The upper-most Category is the home page image and will have the name of the Catalog as the title. Tap on the arrow to expand the home page image.
10. What are Page and Resource Cards within the Android app?
A Card is a neat little container for digestible chunks of digital information, like your product information or collateral (Resources). It’s an easy way for you to shuffle through a lot of information in FatStax with the flick of a thumb and enables us to associate these cards in a number of different ways that match your work process.
Plus, it's easy to see what you can do by interacting with the Action Bar at the bottom of each Card by tapping the icons.
11. How do I search for Pages within the Catalog?
Search through Pages by tapping within the "Search All Items" bar at the top of the screen. If you are in a Category and perform a search, you will only be searching for Pages within that Category.
The search is a full text search only (which will search Name and SKU also) and will return any Page that includes the search words within the content.
12. What does Expand All and Collapse All do?
13. Are Resources automatically available offline?
To help you manage storage, Resources are not downloaded to your Android device for offline viewing automatically by default. There are multiple ways to download a Resource and make it available offline.
1. Download from a Resource card - tap the Cloud with a downward arrow icon to download a single file
2. Download when viewing a not yet downloaded Resource - select "Tap here to download it now"
3. Download when viewing the Resource Library- tap the Cloud icon for a single file or tap on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner and tap "Download All Resources" to add all Resources to your device.
14. Can I choose to store Resources on an SD Card?
No, this functionality is currently not available.
15. How do I locate all of my Resources?
All of your Resources are located within the Resources section of the Catalog.
1. Tap on the menu icon (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner)
2. Tap "Resources"
3. Tap Cloud or Device to view the Resources in each category.
- The Cloud Section lists every Resource available within the Catalog and its status regardless of whether it has been downloaded to your device or not.
- The Device Section lists only the Resources that have been downloaded to your device and are available offline.
16. How do I search for Resources within the Catalog?
After tapping on the Resources section (step 13 above), tap on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. A search bar will appear at the top of the screen.
17. Can I still send a Resource even though it is not downloaded to my device?
Yes, you can still email or text your customer the link for viewing the file. All Resources are sent as links so you never have to have the Resource downloaded to send a customer.
18. Can I open and view Resources in other apps?
19. Can I export Resources to file sharing services?
20. What is Favorite and how do I add a Page or a Resource to my Favorites?
Favorites allow you to quickly locate the Pages and/or Resources that you show a majority of the time. New products, promotions, and price lists are a few examples of Page/Resources that could be added to Favorites.
When viewing a Page/Resource Card or a Page, tap the star to add that Page/Resource to the Favorites. All Favorites are located within the Favorites Category at the top of the Category list.
21. How do I text a Page/Resource?
You now have the ability to text customers information from FatStax!
When viewing a Page/Resource Card or a product Page, tap the Share icon to open the Share menu feature.
- Tap the Share Button (sideways triangle) then tap "Text the Link"
- Input the customer's information
- Tap "Next"
- Select your default messaging app - if you do not select your default app, your message will not be sent
- A text message is created for you to send
Your customer is sent a link for either your website or a FatStax page which displays the item. They can open the link in any web browser on desktop or mobile devices.
22. How do I email a Page/Resource?
You can email any customer the important information that they need from FatStax just as you would from the iPad.
When viewing a Page/Resource card or a product Page, there is an envelope icon representing email.
- Tap the envelope icon
- Input the customer's information
- Tap "Next"
- Select which app you would like to send the email - the email address associated with that app is the email address customers will see
- An email is created for you to send
The email may have some pre-populated branding, but you can customize the email as needed prior to sending!
23. Are Stacks available on Android?
Stacks are not available on any Android device. This feature is currently only available on the Web and iPad versions.
24. How do I switch Catalogs?
You may have access to multiple Catalogs and need to navigate between the Catalogs.
- Go to the Menu icon (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner)
- Tap on "My Catalogs"
- Tap on the name of the Catalog you wish to view
- If you have previously synced the Catalog: tap "Active this Catalog"
- If you have not previously synced the Catalog: tap "Sync Now"
25. Does FatStax use my cellular data?
Yes, FatStax will use your cellular data if permitted. To ensure that you do not use all of your data syncing your Catalog - make sure you are connected to a strong WiFi connection before you begin the syncing process.
26. What are the links that are sent to my customers?
From the Share menu, you can either email or text information to your customers. Your administrator has the option of either providing links to your own website or a custom webpage that was created to share that specific information. Either way, the recipient of your emails or texts will be able to access information right from their mobile devices through their browser, instantly!
27. Is the FatStax Filter feature available on Android devices yet?
No, the filter is not currently available for Android devices.