How do I add a YouTube Video to FatStax?
You can add a YouTube video easily to a FatStax page and play it directly from the page.
Note: you must be online to stream a video from YouTube or other online source. You can also add a video file as a Resource and download it to FatStax to view offline.
1. Locate the video on YouTube that you want to include
2. Click on Share and Copy the Embed code for the video
To locate and set up the embed code:
1. Select the "Share" link.
2. Select the "Embed" link.
3. Set the video size to "640 x ...".
Note: The FatStax page width is approximately 690 pixels. Please do not use a width larger than 690 pixels. For best results, we suggest using 640.
4. Un-check all the checkbox options.
5. Highlight and copy the HTML embed code.
3. Insert the Embed code within the Description field in a FatStax page
4. Edit the Embed code and select Save Changes
On the Edit Page screen:
1. Edit the Embed code by adding "https:" to the start of the video URL. The video will not work unless the full URL is specified starting with "https:".
2. Select "Save Changes".
Note: The HTML embed code can also be inserted into a Property field, but only if the page contains a SKU.
You can center the video to the middle of the page by adding the following code after "<iframe "...
style="display:block; margin:0 auto 0 auto;"
The full line of code would look like...
<iframe style="display:block; margin:0 auto 0 auto;" width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6kPVlOXwmQc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
5. Publish a new Catalog to see the YouTube Video in FatStax
Your video will look something like this on the page within the FatStax app
6. Playing the You Tube video within FatStax
1. Can tap to play video
2. Can expand to full screen
3. Can pause.
Remember: You need to be online to stream the video in Real time.
7. You can also upload videos to FatStax for viewing offline
For more on this see How do I add Video to FatStax so that it is viewable offline?