What are the different permission roles and how can we assign them?
This article covers the different roles and permission options and how to change them. You can assign different roles for each user depending on their role and need to access and work with the information.
You can designate different roles for the same person for different catalogs. So, you can assign one person as a Content manager for Catalog A and B but only as a view-only user for Catalog C. All usernames that are not deactivated have minimum user view-only privileges for the catalogs they are associated with.
1. List of Permissions in CloudStax Content Manager
Below is a list of the 5 different Roles to which one can be assigned:
- Admin (combines both Content manager and Account Manager permissions in a single role)
- Content Manager (can add and edit content such as uploading files and resources. Can also edit iPad settings. Cannot access the people tab to add or edit users.)
- Account Manager (can add and edit users and iPad Settings. Can not edit any other iPad information such as product or items or Resources)
- View Only User (Can see their own profile and view only Resources and Pages while in the browser)
- Enterprise Administrator-only for private servers. (Enterprise Administrators can create new catalogs in addition to all of the above functions of other admins)
1.1. Screenshots showing the Tabs that each Permission level sees when viewing a catalog
2. Assigning Permissions when adding a New User
Go to the People tab after you select a specific Catalog. Select Invite a User from the left-side Quick Action menu.
Select the Radial button to assign the Permission and Click Send Invitation
3. Editing Permissions for an Existing User
Go to People Tab to show the Users Table for that Catalog. Select Edit for the User you want to change.
3.1. Select the new Permission level desired. Then click Save Changes
4. Helpful Hints
- You cannot increase your own permission levels
- You cannot increase someone else's permission level above yours (If logged in as Account Manager, you cant assign someone to be an Administrator)
- Only Admins and Enterprise Admins can assign other Admin-level permissions
- All those with admin-level privileges are considered as FatStax users and must have a valid account, whether they use the app in the field or not.