How do I edit the FatStax email template with a custom subject line, introduction, header, or footer?
Administrators can customize the email template with a subject line, introduction, header, or footer section that automatically populates the email template for all users when sending information from FatStax. You can choose to populate any or none of these fields. They are not required. This is managed and edited under the Settings section. See below for more details.
The item information that you are sending from the Catalog will look the same; however, you have the option to add images and text above and below the item information to make the email more custom.
1. An Example of the Email Template
- Subject Line
- FatStax Content sent (Page or Stack that is being sent to the customer)
- Fixed Page Content (content pulled in directly from the page)
2. Navigate to the Settings tab (1) and click on "Email" (2)
3. Add in your content to the corresponding section you want to customize
- Subject Line: The Subject of the email. 60 character limit and text only.
- Introduction: Displays after the Header and before the Page content. Can take text or HTML code.
- Header: Displays first and before the Introduction. Can take text or HTML code.
- Footer: Displays last and after the Page content. Can take text or HTML code.
Note: these are all optional fields. You can use some, all or none of these fields. The app will still function normally.
To add an image to your header or footer, upload the image as a Resource and copy the "Image Code". For instructions on how to locate this code, read What are the Resource sharing links and how do I access them?
4. Once finished, select Save and Publish > Publish Live
Publishing Live will release the changes to your live Catalog for all users to see.
Alternatively, if you want to test the changes before releasing it live, you can select Stage Changes.