How do I remove an app from my iPad?
There are many reasons why you might want to remove an app. At times, you need more storage on your iPad and that can be achieved by removing a few applications. Also, you might just want to delete an app, because you no longer have a need for it and it's taking up space.
Here are a few quick and easy steps to remove one from your iPad.
1. Hold your finger on any app for a few seconds.
2. The icons will begin to shake or wiggle, and there will be a "x" in the top right hand corner of the icon.
Once the icons begin to shake, you no longer need to hold down the icon.
3. Tap the "x" to remove the app from your iPad.
4. When prompted, tap "Delete".
After tapping "Delete", the app will be removed from your iPad, and you will gain storage on your device.
4.1. If you want to delete any additional apps in that sitting, tap of the "x" for each app you want to remove.
The apps must still be "shaking" on the screen in order to hit the red "x". If they aren't follow steps one through four again.
5. After removing all of the apps you want, click once on the home button to resume the home screen.
By double clicking on the home screen, the icons will no longer shake, and you can open the apps.